Financial and Real Estate Training
As we partner together in ministry, NCP is very excited to offer Financial and Real Estate Training as additional resources to churches of The Evangelical Covenant Church. These are free financial seminars designed for church pastors, Treasurers, church leadership and staff to ensure they have the tools available to provide good financial reporting and to effectively understand and communicate the financial budget to stakeholders, as well as evaluate potential real estate/facility projects.
We are pleased to partner with Capin Crouse for the financial training component of our seminar. Capin Crouse is a national, full-service CPA firm based in Chicago, Illinois. Participants in the seminar will experience Capin Crouse’s expertise, which includes:
- As a national full-service CPA and consulting firm devoted to serving not-for-profit
organizations, Capin Crouse provides professional solutions to organizations whose
outcomes are measured in lives changed.
- Since 1972, the firm has served mission-focused not-for-profit organizations, churches
and denominations, and higher education institutions by providing support in the key
areas of financial integrity and security.
- With a network of offices across the nation, Capin Crouse has the resources of a large
firm and the personal touch of a local firm.
- Learn more at capincrouse.com
Current topics that will be covered in the financial training sessions are:
2) Aligning your budget to your ministry plans
3) Ministerial compensation and taxation
4) Fraud risk assessment and prevention
Real Estate Services Training
Our seasoned real estate experts, Rob Hall and Rollie Persson, will help you better understand the key steps that you should take as you are considering acquiring property, a new facility, a building expansion or renovation of an existing church.
NCP’s real estate coaching includes:
2) Why church buildings matter
3) Building basics
4) Evaluating options
5) Building your team
6) When you are ready for the loan process
7) Capital fundraising
Schedule a Session
NCP partners with the regional conferences and partners of The Evangelical Covenant Church to offer financial and real estate training sessions. If you are interested in coordinating with NCP and hosting a training session at a conference or regional event (annual meeting, cluster meetings, pastors’ meetings, etc.), we are happy to structure a seminar to meet your needs.
Watch for our financial and real estate training sessions held in conjunction with national Covenant events, like Gather and the Mid-winter Conference.
Upcoming financial and real estate seminars in 2018
- September 22, 2018 – Lakeview Covenant Church – Duluth, MN
- September 29, 2018 – Faith Covenant Church – Farmington Hills, MI
- October 13, 2018 – Oakdale Covenant Church – Chicago, IL
- November 10, 2018 – Belen Covenant Church (Iglesia del Pacto Belen) – Chicago, IL
Visit the Financial Leadership Site for more Financial Leadership Training Events.
For questions, scheduling and/or interest in hosting a training session, please contact NCP Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer Peter A. Hedstrom.